It is not easy to maintain a fit and healthy summer, especially when you are on vacation. Here are a few simple tips.
1) Stick to Your Workout Schedule
Stick to your workout schedule and continue to put in your 30 minutes of exercise by taking a Latinva class, using the Latinva DVDs or logging into Latinva on Demand. Make sure that you include your exercise regime to your daily itinerary even if you are on vacation.
2) Stay Hydrated
Make sure that you stay hydrated by drinking water throughout the day, especially when working out. Water makes you feel full, so you eat less.
3) Do Not Overindulge
If you want to enjoy dessert or a fruity drink, go for it. Just have a small portion, don’t overindulge.
4) Be active
Enjoy an active day with friends or family. It is beautiful weather this time of year, so enjoy the outdoors by taking a walk in the park or a stroll on the beach. Just make sure that you still put in your Latinva workout for the day.
5) Make Healthy Choices
For snacks, choose veggies instead of potato chips or fruit instead of dessert.
6) Sleep Well
Don’t compromise your sleep in the summer or when you are on vacation. Getting rest is as important as staying active. Squeeze in a nap if you need to.
7) Use Sunscreen
Staying healthy on the outside is as important as staying healthy on the inside. Apply sunscreen every day, even if you are not sunbathing.
Healthy eating and physical exercise are important for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. If you loose track while on vacation, don’t worry too much and enjoy your vacation. You’ll get back on track when you return. Bon Voyage!
Lentil soup is simple to make, delicious, very nutritious, and is a fantastic addition to a healthy diet. It is perfect for lunch or dinner. Add protein or grain and turn the soup into a meal in a bowl:
– Add whole-wheat pita chips for a delicious crunch.
– Add shredded rotisserie chicken breasts for a delicious and healthy meal.
Ingredients – Soup:
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 large chopped onion
• 2 chopped garlic cloves
• 1 large peeled and diced carrot
• 2 diced celery stalks
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
• ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
• 1 cup red lentils rinsed and drained
• 3 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
• ½ teaspoon dried basil
• ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh or dried rosemary
• 2 bay leaves
Ingredients – Garnish:
• 2 sliced and diced avocados
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preparation – Soup:
• In a large pot, heat 3 tablespoons oil over high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until golden about 3 – 4 minutes.
• Add carrot and celery, sauté for another 2 minutes.
• Stir in salt and black pepper, sauté for one more minute.
• Add broth and lentils and bring to a simmer.
• Add basil, rosemary and by leaves.
• Lower to low heat and cover pot.
• Simmer until lentils are soft between 30 – 45 minutes.
• Taste and add salt and/or pepper if necessary.
• Remove bay leaves.
• Ladle into bowls and serve.
• Leftovers will keep refrigerated for 5 days.
Preparation – Garnish:
• Toss avocado, lemon juice and parsley
• Garnish mixture in the center of the bowl. Serve immediately.
Active Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 212.5 Calories, 19.04g Carbohydrates, 0mg Cholesterol, 13.27g Fat, 275.92mg Potassium, 5.81g Protein, and 229.5mg Sodium