Potato Salad is a favorite summer dish but the traditional potato salad recipes contain a lot of fat and calories. Give your potato salad a makeover and try this delicious and nutritious twist on your favorite recipe. You can indulge without the guilt…it is perfect for picnics.
Ingredients – Salad:
• 1 ½ pounds of baby medley potatoes or small red potatoes
• 6 chopped mini bell peppers (2 red, 2 orange and 2 yellow)
• 1 jalapeño
• ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Ingredients – Dressing:
• 1 small finely chopped red onion
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 small lemon juice
• ½ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
• ½ teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
• Place the potatoes and 1 tablespoon of salt in a large pot of water. Bring the water to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife. Drain the potatoes. Let the potatoes cool at room temperature and peel if desired. Cut potatoes in half or quarters depending on size.
• In a bowl, whisk onions, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
• Add potatoes, bell peppers, jalapeño, and parsley and toss well.
• Cover and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 86 Calories, 6.2g Carbohydrates, 0mg Cholesterol, 6.8g Fat, 77mg Potassium, 1g Protein, and 1,323mg Sodium