This simple dish of salmon combined with the freshness of the leeks and carrots is delicious and very nutritious. This salmon recipe is quick, easy and very elegant.
• 1 medium thinly sliced leek (white and light green parts only)
• 4 medium peeled thinly sliced carrots (1 orange, 1 purple, 1 white and 1 yellow or all orange carrots)
• 4 6 oz. salmon fillet
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 small lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
• ½ teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
• Heat oven to 450°F. Line a baking pan with foil, and cover thinly with olive oil.
• In a bowl, combine leeks, carrots, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ black pepper.
• In a bowl, whisk lemon juice and remaining olive oil, salt and pepper.
• Place the fish in the baking pan, and drizzle the lemon juice mixture evenly over fish.
• Place leek and carrots evenly over fish.
• Bake at 450°F. for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
• Taste and add salt and/or pepper if necessary.
• Leftovers will keep refrigerated for 5 days.
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 408.50 Calories, 6.71g Carbohydrates, 20mg Cholesterol, 11.41g Fat, 365.75mg Potassium, 22.63g Protein, and 983.25mg Sodium